Pedicure Hygiene, 7 things you need to know
At Elements Beauty Spa we are famous for our pedicures. Our clients love our two massaging spa pedicure chairs and that we use quality OPI products from start to finish. No cheap, bulk, no-name products for us! We often have clients come back for their monthly pedicure with the same polish from their previous pedicure. It really lasts and lasts.
One thing we take very seriously is pedicure hygiene. Whirlpool spas can be a breeding ground for bacteria and spores from foot infections can be very hard to kill. Fungal disorders of the feet are very easily transferred. The good news is that with the right cleaning procedures we can ensure that you only go home with beautiful feet, no nasty extras.
Here is what we do...
- We follow the WA Health "Skin Penetration Code of Practice" and the "Skin Penetration Advice for the Beauty Therapy Industry Environmental Health Guide" to ensure our cleaning practices are of a very high standard.
- We provide fresh, clean linen for every client.
- We only ever use rasps on your feet, never blades. Blades are a quicker way to remove calluses but they are not safe and very unhygienic.
- We flush clean and disinfect our pedicure spas after every client, not just at end of day.
- Our staff are carefully trained to ensure the correct cleaning method is used for our spa chairs and pedicure implements every time they are used.
- We use the right disinfectants on our equipment including SPA.GIENE, an Australian cleaner made specifically for cleaning spas and a regular enzyme soak to prevent biofilm buildup.
- Our therapists are trained to identify foot problems and empowered to refuse clients that have infectious conditions.
Does your current salon do all of this?
Warning: The use of pedicure blades (also known as Credo blades) in salons and spas is illegal in many US states. They cut the calluses from your feet and often go too far causing bleeding. This is extremely unhygienic. They are also bad for your feet as they remove too much of the callous and this leads to the skin creating a thicker callous to protect itself. The use of a rasp or foot file removes the top of the callous only so the skin does not react in the same way.
Our attention to hygiene will ensure your safety and our massaging whirlpool spa chairs will send you into a state of bliss. Call 9364 6414 to book your Ultimate Indulgence Pedicure today.